A Vegan and Gluten-Free Muffin Recipe from Margit’s Muffin Kitchen
We truly live in marvelous times that allow people with special dietary needs a worry-free travel. At The Ash Street Inn Bed & Breakfast, we have many guests with dietary restrictions or preferences, so we have Vegan, Gluten-free, Lactose intolerant, and Vegetarian breakfast options always available.
Not only do we have non-dairy yogurt and dairy free soy milk in available, we also offer various dietary restricted, cooked to order breakfast items as well. (Chef Rob’s Vegan Pancakes are always a hit)
But what about afternoon (or after dinner, or midnight) snacks?
After our guests arrive and are settled in, they often enjoy a cup of coffee or tea (along with some freshly baked cookies, scones or muffins) in our parlor in front of the fireplace, or if weather permits, outside on our porch or even taken back to the room for that midnight snack.
However, we want all of our guests to be able to enjoy those relaxing moments as well so we will have some baked treats waiting for them as well and according to their specific dietary needs . (NOTE for severe sensitivities – we do NOT have a certified gluten free or nut-free kitchen).
That being said, I’d like to share a recipe for one of our guest’s favorites which happens to be both Vegan AND Gluten Free.
Banana – Raisin – Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 ½ cups Gluten-free flour
- ½ tsp Xanthan Gum (if not included in GF mix)
- ¾ cup old-fashioned rolled oats (GF certified if making GF)
- 1 tbsp baking powder (GF certified if making GF)
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup vanilla soy yogurt
- 2/3 cup vanilla flavored non-dairy milk
- 2/3 cup mashed ripe bananas
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup raisins (To fold in)
Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Mix together the dry ingredients and in a separate bowl the wet ingredients until well blended.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir until just blended. Gently fold in raisins
- Divide in a 12-cup muffin tin, lined with paper liners and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 min, (toothpick test should come out clean) let cool and enjoy!
For Vegan Recipe only, you can use regular flour and omit the Xanthan Gum from the recipe.
We hope you enjoy the muffins!